This pizza man could well be holding up an artist’s palette, but then again, maybe he is! He certainly looks proud enough of his work. Some years ago I worked just around the corner from this Italian restaurant and enjoyed many a good lunch there — brief respite from the awfulness of the job — but I had forgotten about this man. Recently I happened upon him again, pleased to see he is still there. And everyone loves a good pizza, so here, in alphabetical order because there is no other way to rank them, is my top five.
- Frankie’s, Mendocino, California
- Kings View Cafe, Kapaau, Hawaii
- La Disfida, Haberfield, NSW
- Pizza Cafe at the Grand, Mildura, NSW
- Pizzeria Due, Chicago, Illinois